This term we are looking at stories by Julia Donaldson and celebrations.
This is what we will be learning in PSE
Self-confidence and self-awareness
• Confident to speak to others about own needs, wants, interests and opinions.
• Can describe self in positive terms and talk about abilities.
Managing feelings and behaviour
• Understands that own actions affect other people, for example, becomes upset or tries to comfort another child when they realise they have upset them.
• Aware of the boundaries set, and of behavioural expectations in the setting.
• Beginning to be able to negotiate and solve problems without aggression, e.g. when someone has taken their toy.
• Initiates conversations, attends to and takes account of what others say.
• Explains own knowledge and understanding, and asks appropriate questions of others.
• Takes steps to resolve conflicts with other children, e.g. finding a compromise.