Summer Term (First half) for Year 4
Click on the link below (or copy and paste) for a problem to solve:
Interpreting and presenting data, Solving problems incorporating measures.
The children can use information presented in bar charts, pictograms, tables and other graphs to solve problems.
Pictogram Problem to solve:
Bar Chart Problem to solve:
Activities to complete:
- Look at charts, graphs and tables- try to ask and answer questions about the information presented.
- Make a tally chart (remember to count in blocks of 5 as you record: 4 lines, then a diagonal for the 5th line!) to record information. E.g. Tally chart to show how many different colours of certain objects in your house.
- Draw a bar chart from the information stored in your tally chart.
- Write down some different questions that you could ask a family member or friend about your chart.
- Twinkl and other suggested Maths websites for children should contain a range of Year 4 problems involving data (charts, graphs and tables to look at and compare when solving problems)
- Continue to practice those times tables (they will help with problem solving!)