Overview of the week: This week we are going to look at how to put words in alphabetical order and then move on to work on comprehension skills.
We often sort letters and words in alphabetical order. This means to order them as they appear in the alphabet. When sorting words into alphabetical order, we look at the first letter of the word.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zsv6wnb - complete activity 1.
Can you put these words in alphabetical order?
- badger, bear, bobcat, bluebird, buffalo
- pear, plumb, pineapple, pumpkin, papaya, pomegranate
- Sunday, Tuesday, Saturday, Monday, Thursday, Wednesday
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zfqsm39- Watch the video for the first extract from George’s Marvellous Medicine. Answer the following questions:
1. How do you think George felt when Grandma shouted for her medicine?
2. Do you think George will be able to make the medicine brown? What could he use?
3. What do you think will happen to Grandma?
4. Why is George dancing?
5. What happened to George when he could smell the medicine?
6. Why did the medicine need to cool down?
Your spellings this week are:
Books to read:
Monsters: An Owner's Guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDaNJxFey58
The Book With No Pictures- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t23T6Vfan0
Prefixes and suffixes- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8mxrwx